Gold One Ounce Coins
We carry one ounce gold coins from many countries, including the American Buffalo and Eagle, Canadian Maple, South Africian Krugerrand, and more on order.
U.S.A - Gold Buffalo
Starting in 2006 the Gold Buffalo is the United States only .9999 fine gold coin it produces. Minted at West Point these coins have a "$50" denomination on the coin modeled after the iconic buffalo nickel the U.S. minted from 1913-1938. Each release of the gold buffalo is the same depiction in front and reverse, only change is the year. The gold buffalo has a diameter of 32.7 mm and thickness of 2.95 mm and the weight is one troy ounce.
U.S.A. - Gold Eagle
In 1986 the United States started minting a modified rendition the Augustus Saint-Gaudens design used on the double eagle or twenty-dollar gold coins from 1907-1933. These modern gold bullion coins have been produced every year from 1986 until today. To make the coin more durable, because gold is a very soft metal, they are .9167 % gold, .03% silver and .0533% copper. Even with the addition of silver and copper the gold eagle has one troy ounce of gold which makes the total weight 33.931 grams, 2.83 grams heavier a troy ounce. The gold eagle is one of the more popular and recognizable gold coins. It has a “50 dollars” denomination, 32.7 mm diameter and 2.87 mm thickness.
Canada - Gold Maple
Considered to be one of the most beautiful coins and first released in 1979, Canada has taken much pride in the minting of the Gold Maple. Easily recognizable for the prominent maple leaf on the front 1979-1982 these coins are .999 fine, from 1983 to today these coins are .9999 fine, also starting in 2013 a micro engraved maple leaf was added for additional security and again in 2015 background scoring was added to make these beautiful coins harder to counterfeit. Produced by the Royal Canadian Mint the gold maple has a denomination of “50 dollars”. Being 24 karat gold these coins are known to be softer than a mixed meal coin. With a weight of one troy ounce, the gold maple also has a diameter of 30 mm and thickness of 2.8 mm.
South Africa - Gold Krugerrand
Since its release in 1967 the Gold Krugerrand has seen worldwide popularity with a simple, classic design depicting two key South African figures: Paul Kruger and the Springbok antelope. By 1980 the Krugerrand accounted for 90% of the global gold coin market. The name itself is a compound of Kruger (the former South-African president depicted on the obverse) and rand, the South African unit of currency. During the 1970s and 1980s some Western countries forbade import of the Krugerrand because of its association with the apartheid government of South Africa. Still sought after today the Krugerrand is 32.77 mm in diameter and 2.84 mm thick. The Krugerrand's actual weight is 1.0909 troy ounces (33.93 g). It is minted from gold alloy that is 91.67% pure (22 karats), so the coin contains one troy ounce of gold. The remaining 8.33% of the coin's weight (2.826 g) is copperwhich gives the Krugerrand a more orange appearance than silver-alloyed gold coins. Copper alloy coins are harder and more durable, so they can resist scratches and dents.
China - Gold Panda
Different portraits of panda that changes every year (except for 2001 and 2002, which share the same design). Reverse has a depiction of the Temple of Heaven in the center with Chinese characters on top saying "Zhonghua Renmin Gongheguo" meaning People's Republic of China and the bottom has the year of issue. 2016 begins a new era for Panda coins. The old weight system of troy ounces was replaced by the metric system of grams, the standard system of weights used in the People’s Republic of China. Instead of weighting 31.1 grams from 2016 on these coins weigh 30 grams but the denomination of 300 Yuan has not changed. All pandas are .999 fine.
Great Brittan - Gold Queen's Beasts
In addition to the standard designs some governments make special issue gold coins, this Queen’s Beast series is an example of that. Because these coins are special issue, most of these coins come with a higher premium. They still adhere to the strict professionalism as their more commonly gold coins.